Friday, November 28, 2014

Published 6:19 PM by with 0 comment

My Opinion, Death and Life, the Good and the Bad


 

First of all, this is my opinion; if the idea bugs you then don't bother reading. Secondly, I can't believe that this is what I'm doing for my post, seriously, my second post and I choose DEATH as my topic. Who cares, I'm doing it. Death obviously is very bad, but it also does some good, I will explain.

It should be clear to you that I am alive, but like everybody I will die, could be 75 years from now, I may die before I get through this sentence...I guess not. I don't think we should fear death, we should fear not getting to do anything fun, your only options for after you're dead include; decomposing, being cremated, human taxidermy, or being embalmed for thousands to look at (I'm looking at you Vladimir Lenin). I think the scariest thing about death is never getting to hold your loved ones again, never getting to voice an opinion, never getting to enjoy a fine book, nil, zilch, naught, and nothing.

I think ideas like heaven, reincarnation, and ghosts all deal with death in different ways. These myths, legends and ideas offer an extension to our very fragile lives. Humans love to do things, or more they love the option to do things, a person can waste their life vegetating in front of the television, but no one would want to be forced to do nothing else. We are curious creatures, are we not?  These concepts of an afterlife feed into this hatred of confinement, they allow a light to be at the end of this tunnel, but I however, see no such light. I personally do not believe in such supernatural ideas. I see them as a gamble and I have no care in taking part. I think people spend so much time preparing for a next life, not even guaranteed to exist, that they don’t enjoy the life they're living now.
Why is life precious? Because of death, life is finite. Humanity, a great oak tree, has been whittled by the knife of war and promise into a splinter. We have forgotten the value of life. We waste our lives hating each other, fighting in wars, spreading bigotry and lies, preparing for another existence without savoring the one we have.

For many people, they should not fear death, they have not lived, and so nothing will be lost. These are just my opinions, yours may be different, but I think we can all agree, that there is so much we can do, if we just start living.





 Think what you will
 -Taran Bhartt

                                                                                                                                

0 comments:

Post a Comment