Monday, November 28, 2016

Published 11:43 AM by Anonymous with 0 comment

November 7th - Outfits of the Week - Fifty Shades Of Grey

This is not what you think it is - we just really love the colour grey, and fashion icons at the ridge seem to too! As Mia and I circulated the Ridge, we noticed that grey is an extremely popular colour amongst most Trailblazers. Grey is one of those colours that people associate with a feeling; sad. As amazing as you all look in these different shades of grey we’re hoping it isn't a cry for help and everybody is feeling bangarang. If not, we hope we can bring some light into your life with this super positive issue of Outfits Of The Week.  

Look one:
I really like this outfit and the girl wearing it. Her name is Mariam and she is super sweet and positive and I feel like her soul brings colour to this outfit without there being any colour. She’s rocking with these black leggings, brown lace up boots (I LOVE THEM) and this long grey top. I really really like this shirt. It just suits her so much and I’m a huge fan of three-quarter length sleeves. They keep you warm, but aren’t falling all over your hands.  Keep it up!

Look two:
This dude is looking comfortably fresh and I’m kinda super into it. Joggers are really trendy right now amongst all genders! You can style them up or down or whatever suits your fancy and they look good. And they are super comfortable. He matched them with a red and grey striped sweater. Love how he added a little zest with the red stripes. Really makes the look pop. Awesome job man!

Look 3:
This is some hardcore style right here. I love this aesthetic with a fashion passion. This girl is rocking the black legging match technique. She matched her leggings with a grey top and a cropped sweatshirt. Cropped sweaters are all the rage in my closet, and I encourage all to purchase one, two or even three! They are most definitely thriftable and stylish. AND they show off that poppin’ booty. You go girl!

Look 4:
I don't know if any of you know this beautiful Trailblazer but she slays the crap out of fashion and I love her to bits. She’s so driven and intelligent it makes me love what she wears a million times more. She’s so killing it with this outfit and for so many reasons. For starters, the boots - knee length boots are my favourite fall shoe. You can wear them over skinny jeans and leggings and even match them with a skirt and tights. They make your shoes a true part of your outfit and call much attention to your feet, something I feel everyone should try to do. Feet are so underappreciated. I also really liked how she tucked her black top into her jeans. It really compliments the bottom portion of her outfit and makes the sweater stand out. Which btw is just so darn classy and trendy. So in love.

Look five:
This girl is super adorable! She was very humble when I asked her for a pic and she even paid a compliment to my outfit which scores her infinite brownie points. When I saw her sweater I totally flipped. You guys might know this, but I LOVE PATTERNED SWEATERS!!! The way that none of the stripes on her sweater are straight just makes me smile. I also think this is the best way to wear grey because it shows so much character. It’s not boring or ‘easy’ it screams notice me, and I love clothes that speak to me so, I’m so totally down. She matched it with some kickass boyfriend jeans and some super trendy Dr. Martens. Slay girl, slay.

So this concludes this week’s issue of OOTW. Catch you next week for more amazing Ridge fashion. If you see Mia and I roaming the halls with a camera looking super darn determined and you think you have what it takes (or you know someone who does) to be an Outfit of the Week, let us know and we might feature you in our next issue!

Thanks for reading,
Mercedes

0 comments:

Post a Comment