Monday, February 16, 2015

Published 9:43 PM by with 0 comment

Why Can't I Write Anything?


      As you can tell I can't think of anything to write. The date is 2/14/2015 as of today. You know, I feel like I can't really talk to you (reader), this is just a way for me to record my thoughts. I'm gonna come up with a topic soon, hopefully by the end of this sentence. I can't stall forever.



          So what caused me to get this writer's block you ask. Well, the heads of the Newspaper decided to give us a deadline for Monday, I HATE DEADLINES! I have written 2 articles already this weekend, but I got bored halfway. My last article was about Death, that was fun to write. You know what's full of death, Disney. Disney movie villains die in really violent ways, take Ursula for instance. **spoiler ahead** Ursula grew huge right, then what happens, Eric drives a ship into her midsection, the sharp pointy bit clearly sticking threw her in the next shot, then lightning strikes her, frying her thoroughly. Or maleficent who got pierced in the gut with a sword before falling into a pit of her own dragon-fire. Or Scar, who got torn apart by hyenas, at one point you see him rear up as one dives for his throat before fire engulfs the whole lot of them. Basically there are some sick people working at Disney.



          Disney movies have a lot of power-hungry maniacs for villains. From greedy, violent, sexist Jafar to lustful, murderous, fanatic Judge Frollo, these movies are full of maniacs (which is one reason I love Disney). Speaking of power-hungry maniacs we have our fair share in the real world. I personally like History, and it's full of horrible people, from Hitler to Caligula, Cortes to Hannibal, with leaders like these it's amazing that humans haven't slaughtered more of each other. Living in earlier time-periods, ruling the world was a real issue, endless empires storming across the globe, The Roman, Ottoman, Mongol, British, etc. Each empire utilized the technology at hand to build their empires, the Mongols used long bows and horses, the British used a highly effective navy but even with all this technology they weren't able to control the whole planet. So if they couldn't do it then no one could possible rule the world today, or could they...



          Look around, what do you see, technology. While people can no longer simply invade other countries without substantial retaliation, sanctions (Russia and Crimea), revolt, etc. Imagine a world where the technology you trust, the systems that keep you alive, the cameras that watch you, are Millions of eyes, Thousands of eras, Hundreds of hands, all serving a life-form. Always being watched, as your freedoms are slowly stolen away. Not a shadow organization, but a new form of intelligence that is evolving. Scientists, Engineers and Programmers all over the world are working to build an A.I., an artificial intelligence. Though an A.I. would be unimaginable beneficial, it would be immensely dangerous. If an A.I. were to reach a network, if it were able to find a way, it would copy itself, millions of clones. This is more than an intelligence, our civilization is building a god, one that would have the capacity to endlessly manufacture, improve and spread itself all over the world in a matter of minutes. An A.I. would be useful but dangerous, it could be a helpful ally or a malevolent overlord, humanity must be careful of how it proceeds.



         I am gonna be honest, I had no plan when I started this article, i am just writing what I feel. I think I got a nice couple of topics, Disney deaths to Historical empires to A.I. I should write like this more often. Actually maybe once in a while. All of this is just my opinions, if you don't agree leave a comment or something.

Think what you will
Taran B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment