Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Published 10:15 PM by with 0 comment

From Beyond the Grave (By: Rebecca Moodie)

I take a flower from the bouquet I hold in my hands and smell it. The sweet scent made my nostrils twitch and I sneezed. I put the bouquet of daisies by the grave stone and felt a tear slide down my cheek. She was my life. My little sister, died so young. Killed herself because of her unpopularity. Apparently she had no friends at school or anything. I don't know how, she's such a lovable person.
"Hey Adrianna," I said to the stone. I ran my hand along the edge and felt a shiver run down my spine. It wasn't because it's November and it's cold, but because touching her tomb stone made me closer to her in a way. "I miss you, you know."
"Well, I missed you too," I heard a voice say. I froze and turned around. A person stood beside another stone about 5 feet away. I glanced up and saw her face. She was beautiful. Like nothing I've ever seen before. But then I realized something. I knew her. "Hi Damien. I missed you."
"Monique?" I asked. Her british accent was thick and I knew she had picked it up since she moved to England. I stood up and wandered over to her. "Is that you?"
"The one and only," she replied. "I see your accent is still as thick as ever even though you moved to Canada. I'm surprised you didn't lose your french at all."
"No, but I like yours," I told her. She smiled at me and stepped away from the tomb stone. "What are you doing here?"
"Oh, I had come back for a visit but something happened," she said. My smile from my face faded and I stood still. "Something awful."
"Me too." I said.
"Really? I got into a mess and I killed someone..." she said. I was about to step toward her when I stopped. She killed someone? No, that's impossible. Not Monique. "It was about a year ago."
"My sister killed herself a year ago. I came to bring daisies to her grave. They were her favourite," I spoke. Monique glanced up at me and I saw something shine in her eyes. It was like she was about to cry, but then they disappeared as quickly as they appeared.
"After I killed her, someone killed me." She explained. Then I relaized that I was talking to a ghost. "Do you know who I killed Damien?" she taunted. I shook my head and I knew that something bad was going to happen. "Adrianna. Your little sister. I was jealous of her. Your 16 year old sister. So beautiful, so wonderful, so...close to you," she said. My mind started racing a million miles a minute. I could barely interperet anything anymore. My best friend killed...no, murdered my 16 year old sister out of jealousy.
"No!" I screamed. I started backing up and I saw that Monique was inching toward me. I was starting to panic and needed a way out fast! Her face seemed to change with each step she took. It started getting more and more like a zombie. Almost like the death of her was taking away her beautiful years and replacing them with rotting dead ones. "Who killed you?"
"Your best friend...Tristan! He loved your sister. He thought that she was the most wonderful person in the world. I took that from him and stole her from you too. Adrianna, the beautiful, smart, outgoing, friendly child," Monique said while getting angrier and angrier by the second. As I kept backing up I realized that I was running out of space. I was backing up right toward the ravine and that 50 foot drop would be an awful one.
"Why do you want me?" I asked.
"I want you to join me in the afterlife. I'm lonely." She said. "Besides, if you join me, you can give your life to your sister," she said. I stopped.
"I can give my life and bring back my sister?" I asked. Monique nodded. Then I stopped altogether and stepped toward her. "Take me then," I spoke. She smiled wickedly and reached out her hand. She pulled me closer by gripping my sweater and yanking me. I stumbled forward and felt her lips brush over my skin. She moaned slightly and bit down on my arm. I screamed and felt the life being sucked from my very soul. My memories began to float out of my mind as she continued drinking my soul. My vision began to blur and my body went limp. I collapsed to the ground and suddenly everything was bright again. I glanced down and saw my body laying lifeless on the ground. I looked up and saw that Monique was gone. "HEY!" I screamed. "I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL!"
"You were a fool to trust me. You thought that making a deal with me would make everything go away, but you just made things worse! I'm not releasing your sister. Not in a million years!" she screamed. I then began running through the graveyard. In between the tomb stones and along gravel paths. But she was gone. Gone for good. And so was I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment