Monday, October 31, 2011

Published 7:14 PM by with 0 comment

Are we so different? (By: Cheryl Joseph)

I may not think like you.
I may not act like you.
I may live halfway across the world,
In a land you may not have even heard of,
Let alone think about.
I may not think about clothes,
Or exams,
Or movies that just came out.
No.
I think about food,
And how to get some.
I think about my parents,
Who died of AIDS before I even knew them.
I think about my grandmother,
Who’s so old she can’t even care for herself anymore,
Let alone her grandchildren.
I think about my younger siblings,
And whether they will survive another year.
I may not think like you.
I may not act like you.
But am I really so different?
Do I deserve any less?
Are we really so different? Take the Vow of Silence on November 30th. Make a difference in the life of another kid or teen just like you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment