Thursday, June 7, 2012

Published 9:59 PM by with 0 comment

Life in High Resolution (By: Grant Jenkins)


Here we go again… same as every day this week; this lazy teenager just flaked out on the couch staring at me. I mean, I get I’m the focal point in the room, but seriously, all he does is lay there staring at me, you would think at some point he’d get bored, but no. I mean the room would be a lot more boring without me in it, but this kid is starting to give me the creeps. Yesterday he did the same thing, came down here all sweaty and out of breath, drinking a giant bottle of water, then he lays down, and just stares at me for hours. I can understand the laying down part, those couches look like they are made of leather. Maybe it is suede, I don’t know… but they must be comfortable, because all the kid does is lay there! At least he gets to rest his legs every once in a while, he’s not standing all day and night for months on end; he has no idea what real leg pain is!

Don’t even get me started with the older version of him; he’s a real riot too. Always coming in the room yelling, which of course bothers the kid, and he’s not happy until we’re both screaming and drowning each other out. They’re both inconsiderate too, just look at the cobwebs in the corners of the room, I have them in behind my face too, but do they care to clean me? Nope, they just let me sit and be a filthy mess, I’d love to see how much they’d enjoy being filthy for extended periods of time. I swear if I could do it myself, I totally would…

They’re all inconsiderate too, real jerks if you ask me. Lazing around, complaining, then saying how they’re going to replace me because I’m getting “old,” I’m not old! I’m in my prime! Best shape of my life! And I mean…it’s not like I can’t hear them, and I can’t grasp why they keep mentioning Sunday, I guess I’ll wait and see.

Sunday

Hey, never seen those two guys before, they look like oversized apes if you ask me. Hey… what are they, get your brutish hands off of me, and stop! It’s not my time yet! Well this is just great… back of a dark truck, this is just wonderful… wonder where I’m going, oh well, guess I’ll have to wait and see.

(The old projection television was taken to the recycling plant, and was melted down into various different newer objects. Meanwhile, at the local best buy, the family was purchasing a new high definition television, an LG television if I remember correctly. LG never spoke much, but when he did, he didn’t have a lot to say, he only said one thing)

Life’s good man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment